Hi I’m Gabby,
I have been married to my firefighter hubby, Steve for 18 years now and we have two teenage boys. We reside in a small town in Northern California.
I’ve been doing this blog thing on the side for about 8 years. What it’s looked like has shifted and grown, just like me! I am one of those people who has lots of ‘loves’. I have learned as I get older that sometimes we need to change gears based on where we are in life. I’ve also learned that it is ok to switch things up! I pull inspiration from other people and I believe that we all have a story to tell. I’ve always had a passion for writing and growing up, I’ve always had a knack for talking to people and hearing their stories. I’m currently in a tough season of parenting and with that has come to this passion to share my story. It’s cathartic but it also seems to help others feel heard.
You’ll find lots of real-life stuff on this blog. Maybe I’m sharing a recipe, or showing you how I decorated a space, or maybe I am having an emotional purge – you will find something that is authenticly me at every click.
I have always had a passion for organizing and decorating. I could literally spend my days doing one of these two things. I believe that an organized space can create a sense of calm and I also believe that painting a room is a game changer. I have way too many throw pillows and I think baskets are one of the best inventions ever. I like to call these things my side hustle. As in. I will help you make your space all pretty for a small fee. Or cocktails.
A few fun facts:
- Iced coffee – every.single.day
- I love day dates
- I am the oldest of 4 kids
- Fall is hands down, my favorite season
- Lake Tahoe is one of my favorite places to visit
- I love music, all kinds and I believe that singing loudly in the car is a must. I envy James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke. Look it up, I dare you
- Instagram is my favorite form of social media. You can follow me here
- I believe in offering ‘life nuggets’ in the form of quotes and stories.
- I think that we all should surround ourselves with cup fillers. You should feel joy within your circle of people.
Thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you will find some fun things while you are here. I love hearing from my readers so please do say hello! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.