Hi I’m Gabby, the girl behind Organized Squirrel.
photo cred: Magnolia Rain Photography
I have been married to my firefighter hubby, Steve for almost 16 years now and we have two boys, one tween and one teen. Our house runs on high doses of boy energy. Even the cat and dog are boys. I’m slightly outnumbered but I kinda like being the only girl! We like to joke and laugh a lot. We are all quite sarcastic and the witty banter is contagious.
I have been blogging at The Local Honey for almost 6 years but I decided to take this blog think seriously and that included a name change that encompasses my passions. I wanted something that will travel with me which is why I have changed the emphasis from ‘local’. When I first started blogging, I had littles so my focus was much different than it is now.
So why Organized Squirrel? Of course, I love organizing and I am constantly re-working some area in my house to be more functional. Squirrel has a couple of meanings. I think that as ‘grown ups’ we are always being pulled in different directions and the distraction is always there. I call it the ‘squirrel syndrome’. Like when a dog sees a squirrel and is distracted from what he was doing in the first place. Squirrels are also quick and fast moving. My sister in law once called me a ninja. Apparently, ninjas are quick too! I guess I could have named this blog, Organizing Ninja 😉
I have always had a passion for organizing and decorating. I could literally spend my days doing one of these two things. I believe that an organized space can create a sense of calm and I also believe that painting a room is a game changer. I have way too many throw pillows and I think baskets are one of the best inventions ever. I’m also quite fond of my Kitchen Aid Mixer and I’m known for making cookies. All kinds of cookies. The cookie jar never stays full for long though.
A few fun facts:
- Iced coffee with vanilla and almond milk is a must to start my day
- I love day dates
- Day trips, or as we call them “adventures” are a favorite around here
- I am the oldest of 4 kids
- I love walking and I try to walk 2-4 miles a day. My dog is very grateful for this
- Fall is hands down, my favorite season
- Lake Tahoe is one of my favorite places to visit
- I love music, all kinds and I believe that singing loudly in the car is a must. I envy James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke. Look it up, I dare you
- Instagram is my favorite form of social media. You can follow me here
- I love motivating people. High fives are contagious
Thank you for visiting my blog. I hope you will find some fun things while you are here. I love hearing from my readers so please do say hello! You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.