We cook in this house – a lot – and therefore we have an abundance of kitchen gadgets and large utensils. We’d been getting by with the standard plastic utensil trays but I felt like space could definitely be utilized better. I am always pinning creative ideas for getting organized and I stumbled upon one at Kevin & Amanda that looked like the perfect solution. I presented the project to my handyman aka husband who then completely ran with it. He is seriously so awesome at the labor part of my visions. I am handy with paint, design, and decor but if it requires a saw, I leave that part up to him. Hey, we all have our ‘jobs’ around here 😉 Plus I really like my fingers and saws kinda scare me. Maybe I will get over that fear someday but until then, I will just bat my eye-lashes at my hubby to get him to do it.
This was a relatively quick and inexpensive project and it makes a huge difference in how much space I have in my drawers now.
The drawers got a good cleaning as well as a purge. There are so many items that we just didn’t use so they got donated and will hopefully land in better homes where they will be well loved. I also lined the drawers with drawer liner that I already had on hand. This project cost us right around $50 for 5 drawers including a junk drawer.
Little projects can make all the difference in space. I am so glad that we did this. It was so worth the end result.