Let’s talk about how to style a gallery wall. I love designing and displaying my favorite photos and a gallery wall is a great way to showcase the things that you love in your home. They are also a great way to display other sentimental items like favorite art pieces, maps, chalkboards, old windows or doors, printables, mirrors, baskets, clocks, letters and so on. The list really is endless. You can mix and match anything and everything you’d like to make it personal to your style. I have a few gallery walls in my house. My favorite thing about gallery walls and decor, in general, is that there aren’t really many rules. You get to be totally unique and if that means if everything matches, that’s great! If everything is mismatched, that’s amazing! It really is about your personal taste and preferences. That is the beauty of decorating. We all get to do our own thing.
This is one of my recent gallery walls.
A few gallery walls that inspired me today:
Little Vintage Nest shared her fun vintage inspired gallery wall. I love how she incorporated her blog name into her design.
Naptime Decorator incorporated some of my favorite gallery wall decor into her design. I spy an arrow and a number.
Love Grows Wild designed her gallery wall for $20. Say what? I’m totally inspired.
My Beautiful Day created this gallery wall in her entryway. I love the addition of hooks to corral things as they come into the house.
Some of my favorite things to use in my gallery walls:
- arrows – they add a fun pop to any space, metal, and wood are fabulous additions
- frames – I am a big fan of re-doing old frames. Paint is your best friend when it comes to decorating
- letters – I love finding funky letters to add to a wall
- numbers – perhaps you want to showcase the number of people in your home
- quotes – quotes are a favorite of mine. I always incorporate them into my decor
Some of my favorite resources for gallery wall decor:
Sources for my gallery wall:
- metal heart – Michaels
- It’s a good day sign – Hobby Lobby
- Number 4 – Steinmart
- 2 + 2 sign – Barnowl Primitives
- Grateful sign – Marshall’s
- Live Simply sign – Ross
- Frames – various and some are redone using paint I had on hand
Do you have gallery walls in your home? What are your favorite pieces to add to your space?